Monday, June 8, 2009

...again with the Klingons!

I've returned from my trip to Germany and Holland. It was the first time I'd been to continental Europe in about 12 years. I mostly just spent all my time there visiting family and friends, which was sort of nice but it would have been cool to see some more sights. That's ok! Loafing and eating is a nice way to spent a few weeks, especially because it meant a whole lot of hagelslag, stroopwafels, krokets, various types of cheese, brötchen... all sorts of stuff. Mmmmhmmmmm. I think my brain has started to rot a little, though, because I can't think of anything interesting to say at all. That being said, German television is amazing because every show seems to have musical interludes. I was watching this cooking show that kept taking breaks for bad music videos (sort of) with this woman singing to mustachioed gentlemen. When she wasn't singing she seemed to be sampling food. Patrick Lindner (this German folk singer guy) was on this show also. Yeah. I was also watching this show called "Verstehen Sie Spaß" which basically seems to be a German version of candid camera, also with musical interludes. I wish I had something enlightened to say, but I think I just need some sleep instead. First, here are some good things that happened today:
- Got my 14g nose ring back in without having to stretch it again. Nice and pain-free!
- Saw Star Trek again! And then had lunch with Amy and her mom.
- Watched some Simpsons for the first time in weeks. Weeks.

Also:
auf Deutsch:
cockroach = Kakerlake.

No comments: